Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- The Electoral Consequences of Offshoring. How the Globalization of Production Shapes Party Preferences (with Stefanie Walter), 2018, Comparative Political Studies, 51 (5), 621-658. [journal] [pdf]
- First Impressions: How Leader Changes Affect Bilateral Aid (with Paul Schaudt), accepted for publication in the Journal of Public Economics, 2019. [pdf]
- Foreign Direct Investment and the Politics of Autocratic Survival.
Manuscripts (under Review) and Work in Progress
- International Trade and Public Protest: Evidence from Russian Regions (with Tabea Palmtag and Stefanie Walter). [under review]
- Misremembering Weimar: Experimental Evidence on the Roots of German Stability Culture (with Lukas Haffert and Nils Redeker)
- Foreign Direct Investment and Citizen Support for Autocratic Rule.
- Societal Group Power and Foreign Direct Investment Liberalization in Autocratic Regimes.
- The Economic Costs of Revolution (with Daniel Bischof).
- The Spread of International Antitrust Agreements (with Tim Büthe)
- Electronic Health Records in Germany: Why People Tune In or Drop Out (with Tim Büthe and Cindy Cheng)
- Misremembering Weimar: Unpacking the Historic Roots of Germany’s Monetary Policy Discourse (with Lukas Haffert and Nils Redeker), Jacques Delors Institute Policy Paper Series, 2019, November 1. [pdf]
- Erfahrungsbericht: Politische Regime und ausländische Direktinvestitionen, in: Hildebrandt, Achim, Sebastian Jäckle, Frieder Wolf, and Andreas Heindl (eds.), Methodologie, Methoden, Forschungsdesign. Ein Lehrbuch für fortgeschrittene Studierende der Politikwissenschaft, 2015, Wiesbaden, Springer, 133-137.