Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- The Electoral Consequences of Offshoring. How the Globalization of Production Shapes Party Preferences (with Stefanie Walter), 2018, Comparative Political Studies, 2018, 51 (5), 621-658. [journal] [pdf] [appendix]
- First Impressions: How Leader Changes Affect Bilateral Aid (with Paul Schaudt), Journal of Public Economics, 2020, 185 (5), 1-12. [journal] [pdf] [appendix]
- International Trade and Public Protest: Evidence from Russian Regions (with Tabea Palmtag and Stefanie Walter), International Studies Quarterly, 2020, OnlineFirst. [journal] [pdf] [appendix]
- Foreign Direct Investment and the Politics of Autocratic Survival.
Manuscripts and Work in Progress
- Misremembering Weimar: Experimental Evidence on the Roots of German Stability Culture (with Lukas Haffert and Nils Redeker)
- Foreign Direct Investment and Political Preferences in Non-Democratic Regimes
- Societal Group Power and Foreign Direct Investment Liberalization in Autocratic Regimes
- The Economic Costs of Revolution (with Daniel Bischof)
- ‘Nothing’ is Not a Control Group: On the Need for Placebo Comparisons in Political Science Survey Experiments (with Lukas Haffert, Raphael Reinke, and Tim Büthe)
- Local Effects of Foreign Direct Investment (with Luca Messerschmidt and Tabea Palmtag)
- Electronic Health Records in Germany: Why People Tune In or Drop Out (with Tim Büthe and Cindy Cheng)
- The Spread of International Antitrust Agreements (with Tim Büthe)
- Misremembering Weimar: Unpacking the Historical Roots of Germany’s Monetary Policy Discourse (with Lukas Haffert and Nils Redeker), Jacques Delors Institute Policy Paper, 2019, November 1. [pdf in English or German]
- Erfahrungsbericht: Politische Regime und ausländische Direktinvestitionen, In: Hildebrandt, Achim, Sebastian Jäckle, Frieder Wolf, and Andreas Heindl (eds.), Methodologie, Methoden, Forschungsdesign. Ein Lehrbuch für fortgeschrittene Studierende der Politikwissenschaft, 2015, Wiesbaden, Springer, 133-137.