Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- The Electoral Consequences of Offshoring. How the Globalization of Production Shapes Party Preferences (with Stefanie Walter), 2018, Comparative Political Studies, 2018, 51 (5), 621-658. [journal] [paper] [appendix]
- First Impressions: How Leader Changes Affect Bilateral Aid (with Paul Schaudt), Journal of Public Economics, 2020, 185 (5), 1-12. [journal] [paper] [appendix]
- International Trade and Public Protest: Evidence from Russian Regions (with Tabea Palmtag, Stefanie Walter), International Studies Quarterly, 2020, 64 (4), 939-955. [journal] [paper] [appendix]
- Misremembering Weimar: Hyperinflation, the Great Depression, and German Collective Economic Memory (with Lukas Haffert, Nils Redeker), Economics & Politics, 2021, OnlineFirst. [journal] [paper] [appendix]
- Foreign Direct Investment and the Politics of Autocratic Survival.
Manuscripts and Work in Progress
- Foreign Direct Investment and Political Preferences in Non-Democratic Regimes
- Societal Groups and Foreign Direct Investment Liberalization in Autocratic Regimes
- Local Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on Inequality and Growth in Developing Countries (with Luca Messerschmidt, Tabea Palmtag)
- Beyond Economic Development? Foreign Direct Investment and Election Violence (with Tabea Palmtag, Katrin Paula)
- The Economic Costs of Revolution (with Daniel Bischof)
- ‘Nothing’ is Not a Control Group: On the Need for Placebo Comparisons in Political Science Survey Experiments (with Lukas Haffert, Raphael Reinke, Tim Büthe)
- The Spread of International Antitrust Agreements (with Tim Büthe)
- Misremembering Weimar: Unpacking the Historical Roots of Germany’s Monetary Policy Discourse (with Lukas Haffert, Nils Redeker), Jacques Delors Institute Policy Paper Series, 2019, November 1. [paper in English or German]
- Erfahrungsbericht: Politische Regime und ausländische Direktinvestitionen, In: Hildebrandt, Achim, Sebastian Jäckle, Frieder Wolf, and Andreas Heindl (eds.), Methodologie, Methoden, Forschungsdesign. Ein Lehrbuch für fortgeschrittene Studierende der Politikwissenschaft, 2015, Wiesbaden, Springer, 133-137.